Chadi El Saleeby, M.D.
Physician Investigator (Cl)
Pediatrics, Mass General Research Institute
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Harvard Medical School
Pediatric Infectious Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital
|MD American University of the Caribbean 1999|
Chadi El Saleeby, MD, is a pediatric hospitalist and ID specialist with research interests in Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), clinical and genetic risk factors for severe RSV disease, novel antivirals and the contribution of viral dynamics to the clinical phenotype of illness.
He is also involved in studying better ways to prescribe and monitor antibiotics for efficay and safety. Other specific interests include quality improvement projects and medical education.
Clinical and bench research on the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
- Surfactant protein A genetic polymorphism and its effects on RSV disease. Viral quantification by standard methods, real time PCR and cloning techniques (Basic science and clinical research)
- RSV disease in immunocompromised cancer patients (clinical research)
- Examination of the immune response following infection with RSV
- Evaluating novel methodologies for prescribing antibiotics
- Studying the phamacokinetics of novel antibiotics in phases 1 and 2